I.B. Storey recently published articles within the recreational and industrial sector can be found below with links to the full articles.
President Ian Storey, P.Eng. is an editorial columnist to Ontario Recreation Facilities Association (ORFA) Facility Forum Energy Champion Series:
- Summer 2021 “Liability to Viability Through Sustainability” explores turning the liability of recreation facility costs into viable community hubs by leveraging sustainability. Found on page 11
- Spring 2021 “Sustainable Confusion and Misnomer Paralysis” highlights how not all rating systems and certifications have the same objective. Found on page 8
- Winter 2021 “The Paradox of Shunning Innovation” highlighting the need to embrace new & innovative measures within recreational facilities. Found on page 8
- Fall 2020 “Net Zero Ready” whether looking to implement now or seeking more information the article discusses what is Net Zero Ready & path to achieve it. Found on page 10
- Summer 2020 “Ostrich or Carpe Diem?” discussing the role recreation facilities play in the community found on page 8
- Spring 2020 “Toe Pick” discussing decisions that can inhibit projects from advancing found on page 8
- Winter 2020 “Buggy Whips and Grails” detailing the adoption of technologies in recreational facilities found on page 8
- Fall 2019 “Your Perspective Your Success” on viewing projects positively and considering all benefits found on page 8
- Summer 2019 “Many Birds, One Stone” highlighting benefits of project bundling found on page 10
- Spring 2019 “Efficiency 2.0” on taking action to eliminate waste found on page 16
- Winter 2019 “Big Winner” highlighting the importance of having a vision found on page 15
- Fall 2018 “Forest & Trees” discussing bigger picture when considering upgrades with full article on page 17
- Summer 2018 “Diligent Energy Stewardship” discussing CO2 with full article here
- Spring 2018 “The Engine to Excel” found on page 25. See full article here
- Winter 2017 “Dealing with your Inheritance” found on page 29. See full article here
- Fall 2017 “Taking Action” found on page 19. See full article here
- Summer 2017 “Time to Plan” found on page 25. See full article here
- Spring 2017 “Globally Demotivating” found on page 21. See full article here
- Winter 2016 “Get Moving” found on page 44. See full article here
- Summer 2016 “It Depends” found on page 45. See full article here
- Spring 2016 “Promoting Responsible Energy Use” found on page 40. See full article here
- Additional article “Increasing the Financial Sustainability of Your Recreational Facility: Planning for the Future While Saving Money” can be found on page 40 in the Facility Forum Volume 19 Issue. – See full article here.
U.S Ice Rink Association (formerly Serving the American Rinks) Rink Magazine:
- Fall 2020 Rink Magazine “Heating Up: Using Refrigeration for Free Heat” found on page 30. Full article here
- Fall 2016 Rink Magazine “Energy Recycling & Cost Integration” found on page 33. Full article here
- Our Article “Cold Water Flooding: Friend or Foe” can be found on page 26 of the STAR Rink Magazine July/August 2014 publication. – See full article here.
- Accelerate America February 2017 article “A Canadian First” highlighting the innovative upgrades implemented at the Wholesome Harvest Baking facility in Etobicoke, Ontario. See full article here
- Local news highlighting recently completed revitalization at Miners Forum Arena. I.B. Storey completed Redevelopment Assessment, Specialized Rink Engineering & Project Oversight throughout Construction at the community arena. https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2032780&jwsource=twi
- I.B. Storey Inc. was retained by Cole Harbor Place in 2008 to help address their energy needs. – Check out the full case study here.
- Highlighted results delivered at Chippawa Willoughby Memorial Arena in Niagara Falls summarized in Recreation PEI article “Enhanced Efficiency through I.B. Storey Inc.” found on page 6. See full article here
- Benefits of Low Charge systems were discussed in the Recreation PEI article “I.B. Storey Inc. Leading the Way in Innovative Low Charge Designs” found on page 10. The article describes the leading technology utilized for the City of London Covent Garden Market outdoor rink upgrades currently being implemented.